Today is your last chance to send the midterm feedback. I will
summarize what I got tomorrow (and discuss in the
class if needed).
I got feedback from 5 students. The class has 12 registered
students--so this is not even a majority.
If it helps you galvanize to action, let me teasingly say that the
majority feedback received till now says
everything is upsy-daisy and requests if any thing for more homeworks and exams.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Subbarao Kambhampati <email@example.com>
Date: Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 9:20 PM
Subject: Feedback opportunity to tell me how the class is going
To: Rao Kambhampati <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Now that 6 weeks are over, I thought it would be good to poll y'all
on what is working and what is not working.
Please feel free to send your comments.
You can send comments either via anonymous web mail
or by bringing a printed sheet to the class on Wednesday. Note that
the webmail records your ip address--so
you may want to send it from some ip address that is generic.
Here are some things I am interested in finding out. Other comments
1. Are the lectures too fast/too slow/too high level/too low level etc?
2. Are you actually able to connect your readings to lectures?
3. Are you reading before or after the topics are discussed?
4. Should there be more assessment (homeworks/projects etc)?
5. How is the progress towards semester project coming (qualitatively
you will have an opportunity for detailed answers anyway)
6. Are the classes interacive enough or should they encourage more discussion?
If the latter, what can we do other than stopping for questions?
7. Overall, how does it compare to other graduate level courses you took/taking
(positively or negatively)