Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Elusive cse574 Cumulative Grade Book

Folks

 Here are the "grades" for the first project, the two homeworks, the final and the all important paper.

Note that for the paper, I gave the grades in four objectives:

-->"Significance" -- Is the problem being attempted significant?

--> "effort"   -- How much work did the student put in to the project

--> "Presentation" -- How readable/compelling is the paper?

--> "Finish"  -- Is the paper self-contained or half-finished?

The final and the domain project were graded by me. The homework 1 was graded by Menkes and homework 2 was graded by J. Benton.

The papers were all read by me as well as Will Cushing and we exchanged views on the significance etc. (This of course took the most time).

Although there is no single number for semester cumulative, I feel that the student "5297 172" certainly deserves an A+. 
In keeping with my tradition, that student, if he/she so chooses, suggest me what should be the grades for others.

The grades should be on the system anytime now.. ;-)

thanks for your work. I will get in touch with some of  you with more elaborate paper comments. All the graded material will be available from
my office on Friday (I am away at D.C. the next two days)

Rao
-----

Emacs!

No comments: